- Draw a vertical, dotted "wall" at the possible point of discontinuity.
- Determine which piece(s) of your function will have a closed circle at your wall and which one(s) will have an open circle.
- Determine which function you'll use for all your x's to the left of the wall and which function you'll use for the right.
- Graph the top function (use transformations); erase everything to the left or the right of your wall, depending on your decision from Step 3.
- Repeat Step 4 for the bottom function. Erase the oppose piece this time.
The key, for me, is "the wall." I've used this concept before in analyzing limits in calculus graphically, but I don't know why it didn't dawn on me to use the same concept here until recently. It worked like a charm--hardly any students drew the nonsensical, non-function relations that I've seen in the past. Also, hopefully this gives us a leg up when we get to limits next semester. Fingers crossed!
What a great idea! I, too, have wrestled with this skill for years.ReplyDelete
I love this! I simply graduated faculty and in my life I even have ne'er been during a season with additional uncertainty than the one I'm presently in. it's continually been troublesome on behalf of me to provide God that that i do not recognize, the future, that creates no sense however make Maine nervous. i like this it's simply what I required to read! many thanks..ReplyDelete
The Rajasthan Board 12th Bit Bank and Question Bank are important for students since they provide a solid example of how to solve papers effectively. BSER 12th Model Papers are excellent resources for learning how to answer problems effectively. RBSE Question Paper Class 12 Rajasthan Board 12th Guess Paper 2022, collect the small answer Solved Questions, Subject wise vital Repeated Questions from all subjects and prepare well to gain the Best Grad Score from all previous exams. We have covered all topics here. Question Papers for Exams DownloadReplyDelete